(Mr.Tankersley's view of civic duty or his "Family values")
|As the offspring of true American Pioneering stock, Mr. Tankersley was brought up with the ideal of neighbor helping neighbor. In Pioneer Oklahoma, after the land rush of 1889, each new land owner, including Mr.Tankersley's grandfather, helped his his neighbour build his home, harvest his crops, and care for the children. No one person could do it alone. It is still that way today; it still takes a Village to raise a child. For the love of mankind it takes us all to contribute what cannot be bought with all the riches in the world.|
|As President John F. Kennedy said in his first Integral Address, which still applies today; "Ask not what your Country can do for you, Ask what you can do for your Country.". Contrary to what some might believe, the Government of the United States of America is the PEOPLE, so given to all Citizens by the opening phrase of the Constitution: "We the People of The United States, in order to form a more perfect Union,...". To further affirm the concept of The United States being ruled by the people, Abraham Lincoln closed the Gettysburg Address with "...that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom -- and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth."|
|I see it as my Civic duty to express my desires and thoughts surrounding the issues of the day to the Office of the President and Congress of the United States of America. Because of my advanced age, I have had to remove myself from active political participation, thus, in order to speak to the issues I shall use this vehicle and my right to the vote to state my case.
Coming soon to a computer near you:
- Declaration of Purpose for Citizens of the United States of America:
As we are facing a National crises caused by actions and inaction of the Administration and Legislature, this paraphrase of the Declaration of Independence is created to call for a change of the Administration and Legislature with the vote of the People.
The Constitution of the United States creates the right of a peaceful and bloodless revolution by the people very two years. The revolt is powered by our
- Weapons and National Security in the USA: The first issue is weapon's control and regulations. Thoughts on this issue is addressed here:
- On Education: The purpose of life, the reason to exist, from birth to death, is to learn God's truth by studying His creations.
- Teachers The most under paid of all out public employees.
- CONSIDERING THE SECOND AMENDMENT: The only purpose for a gun is to kill..
- Artificial Intelligence, Robots, Drones and Privacy Our lives will be complicated by Robots and Drones controlled by Artificial Intelligence.
- The Environment, Global Warming, and Renewable Energy
- Elderly and Disabled Assisted Living To aid those who are entering retirement, the adjustments are discussed.
- Health Care and Social Security
- Refugees, Immigrants and Smugglers
- The Sex Drive All are sexual beings who share equal rights regardless of sex, age and beliefs.
- Foreign Government Interference In Our Elections
As an inspiration to me and, hopefully to others, these quotations and links are added:
"...And the King shall answer and say unto them, 'Verily, I say unto you, inso much as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.'.". For all that I do on the chtank.us website, it is motivated by this quote from the Scriptures. Also, I am motivated by "Do unto others and you would have them do unto you." and from the John F. Kennedy's Inauguration quote, "Ask not what your Country can do for you, ask what you can do for your Country." I
fear too many of us have claimed being Christians to the extent that we have forgotten God the Father and is
Creator. We seem to work so hard at being good Christians that qw have ignored the First Commandment, "I am your Lord and your God; I shall not have strange gods before me."--as God implied, not even Jesus, My own begotten Son, should come before Me. You are all My children and Jesus Christ is your Brother..